Monday, April 2, 2007

Alfred State College

Sunday- 6.6 miles-52min

I spent a good bit of time imputing my running logs from 1994 and 1995 into a master excell sheet this weekend. These years were the ones I spent at Alfred State College a S.U.N.Y. 2- year college in upstate NY. The mighty pioneers! Check out the impressive Track records at this small junior college. I ran well during my years at Alfred setting PR's in all distances from the 800-10,000, including the steeplechase. I also competed in the high jump in one small dual meet we had placing second with a pathetic 5'4"! I have very fond memories of running relays there which included:
4x200 (indoors), 4x400, 4x800, 4x1500, and DMR. (distance Medley Relay) My relay performances were pale in comparison to my teammates as I was the slow 4th guy. But, I was fortunate to be able to ride their coat tails to, and compete in, the NJCAA indoor national championships in the 4x800 and DMR in 1994.

No comments: