Friday, April 6, 2007

High Tech World

Thursday- 6 miles- 46min
Fri-AM- 4miles- 33min easy
PM- 4miles- easy with 6 x striders

Well technology can be a great thing. I'm thinking of music today. I grew up listening to records on the family stereo, (my brothers KISS albums, and danced to my Mom's BeeGee's. I later learned to drive in a Big Buick Estate Station wagon with a third seat that faced the rear. It had an 8-track player in it. We bought an adapter for cassette tapes. I bought my first musical groups music on cassettes (Bobby Brown, Cheap Trick, B 52's, Roxette), then in high school everything moved to CD's. Now the Internet world and IPOD down loadable MP3's have taken over. Tonight I attempted to download my first songs off ITunes....despite having owned an IPOD for a year now I never had downloaded anything.....just listened to my own CD's I burned onto my computer hardrive. Well technology is great and all. But my Internet in Egypt sucks...so it didn't work. Bummer. Apparently I have paid for the music though so, I'll keep you posted on if I am screwed or not.

UPDATE: Okay it worked! It did take about an hour per song to download but I now have (and am listening to on the run) the great album: Depeche Mode Remixes 81-04

No comments: