Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sand Storming

Wed- 8 miles- 64:13 (7th mile- 5:31)

Today and yesterday we have had some incredible weather. Sand storms with sustained wind of 40mph. Amazing how dusty sand as fine as plaster dust can get EVERYWHERE! Then following the big winds we had rain. Rain like I have only seen a few times in the 9 months I've been here. down poor with thunder rattling all. Thunder is more impressive in the desert since nothing is in the way to block/absorb it. Kinda fun.

Last nights run, was still only 85% as the long one last weekend really put a hurt on me. But, I did throw in a quick miles just to shake things up and the popliteus muscle (in your knee pit) that has been bothering me held up just fine.

Today is Thursday and in Egypt it is the last day of the work week. (Sinai Friday) as we call it....so I am excited to have a weekend off.

No comments: