Monday, March 19, 2007

Anne The Marathoner

Sun AM 2 miles walk PM- 6 miles -48min

A HUGE congratulations go out to my wife, Anne, on finishing the VA Beach Shamrock marathon yesterday in 4:26. Anne runs 3 times a week and puts in 12-15 miles a week. With a gradual progression of a long run on Saturdays she was able to build up and accomplish this impressive feat. I am very proud and only wish I could have been there with her. There is nothing like have a loved one around to dote on you after finishing a big race. "Help me off this curb honey!" - is a favorite battle cry I often use post race. Sorry you had to do this alone! Lord knows you have helped my pathetic self after ultras many many times.

Her fine performance got me thinking about others I have heard that have completed a marathon. So I did a bit of searching and came up with the following list of folks that have completed marathons...some of which are quite surprising.

Mike Malinin (Goo Goo Dolls drummer)- 3:23 he has run 50 & 100 mile ultras too
Billy Baldwin- 3:24
John Edwards 3:30
Michael Dukakis 3:31
George W Bush 3:44:52- I'm VERY surprised by this....
Pat Tillam- football pro, Iraq war casualty due to friendly fire- 3:48
Kim Alexis (Model) 3:52
Will Ferrell- 3:56
Michael Waltrip (Nascar) 3:59
Keri Strug (USA gymnast) 4:12
Puff Daddy P diddy Sean Combs- 4:14:54
Shannon Miller (USA Gymnast) 4:17
Kyle Petty (Nascar) 4:18
Oprah Winfrey- 4:29:30
Mike Huckabee (Arkansas gov) 4:39
Bill Frist (corrupt politician/physician) 4:54
Al Gore- 4:58
Mario Lopez (Saved by the bell)5:41
David Lee Roth (Van Halen) 6:04

Interesting no??

1 comment:

WalkSports.com said...

Huckabee was governor of Arkansas. Nice guy. He carried on a conversation with my then 10-year-old daughter last March in Little Rock at the Marathon Expo on Saturday. Class act.

Bush ran his marathon in Houston in the early 90s.