Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Up Tempo

Tuesday- 7.9 miles- 54:18

A very nice one today pushing the pace. The legs felt great and I let em rip a bit on this 40deg spritzing rain day. I didn't plan to go long or hard, but once I got going I dropped the pace down below 7:00 and just went. It actually was pretty cool to see numbers on the Garmin in the 6:00 and under range! Menokin is a hilly loop, so running 6:52 pace here is quite good.

A congrats go out to my brother Tim and sister-n-law Sharon on their completing the Carlsbad marathon this past weekend. Sharon finished her first road marathon, and Tim ran a strong 3:23 despite backing off the pace after 20 miles to save himself for our run at the UWharrie 40 miler in 2 weeks. The last time we ran in the same race he finished the Umstead 100 miler (2006), while I stopped short and took a 6th in the 50 mile.

I'm looking forward to sharing the trails once again.

No comments: