Friday, May 11, 2007

Round and Round

Thursday- 6.6 miles- 56min
Friday- 6.6 miles- 54min

A few more trips round and round and round the base. Tomorrow will be my last trips around the south camp base for this trip. I hope to get in a strong effort before boarding the 7+ hour bus ride back to north camp. Running in circles is really not that bad. My tolerance for boring routes and treadmills has greatly increased over the last 11 months. I really am looking forward to getting back to the states and moving to Richmond in August. Scouting running routes and finding / exploring new trails is one of my favorite things in life.

Looking at the calendar, I have now been away for over 11 months; as I left my wife and Arlington VA on June 10th, 2006. The exact dates for Egypt departure are still up in the air, but I am certainly getting closer. I should be in the US by July.

Today the legs felt no zip or spring, but they were better than yesterday. This week is pretty poor mileage-wise but I hope to bring it back up next week with a good deal of doubles. This is week 2 of the endurance cycle...gotta make sure the miles get put in.

Good luck to the Ice Age folks. My money is on the Wynnman.

No comments: