Monday, July 30, 2007

Last Day in Arlington

All Week- 0 Miles

Well today is the last day and night in our Arlington Apartment. Off to greener pastures.....at least to a house that has a lawn. It has been a very busy time of late. Sunday after the post Vermont 100 feed I got in the car for a 10 hour drive back here. The next morning Anne left (with the car) to go take the VA Bar exam, and I began packing. Despite this being a small place we have a lot of stuff. How does that happen??? Well, 54 boxes later and 7 straight days of steady packing and we are now ready to paint the apartment back to ugly white and head on out.

No running this week. Often post a 100 miler I am unable to run for a week, but this time recovery went pretty well. Two big days of stiffness and soreness, then gradually went away. The torn popliteus in my left knee pit was not as bad as it was after the 2000 Massanutten, and could probably handle a run today. I am going to wait a bit longer though. Rest breaks are good for the body and the mind. I'm gonna start running again when I am hungry for the training. I'm getting closer to that but it is not here yet.

2 comments:

Ben, aka BadBen said...

Good luck in your new digs, Loomdog.

Olga said...

I actually like moving, going through stuff as I pack and such...I like throwing things out too. I am weird:) Best to you!