Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tempo Time...Must Do More Of These

Wednesday-8 miles- 10K tempo -40:51

A great run tonight as the sun set in cool temps. Why I don't run more tempo runs I don't know. The are so beneficial and are not hard, and don't even make you dead sore the next day.

anyway, I went off my 3:01:30 marathon using Jack Daniel's tables and tried to run steady at 6:32 per mile pace (or the pace I could run 10-13 miles at). I went to the high school and began circling the football team's practice.

6:34, 6:35, 6:31, 6:33, 6:35, 6:32 then kicked it in in 82 sec on the last lap for fun as the darkness crept in and the last of the footballers had left. I ran with my Ipod for one of the first times in 4 months. It felt good. almost impossible not to run fast when listening to Tool's 46 and 2.

Wow almost the same as June 25ths workout But, it is not the 37:45 I ran two weeks before JFK in 2001. doah!

2 comments:

Crash said...

your tempo time is like my PR time - nice stats

I am a runner. "We are what we repeatedly do" said...

It is all relative! Greg Crowther runs 37 mile runs at a pace faster than 6:34!