Friday, September 21, 2007

Going faster now

Wednesday- 12 miles- 8:oo pace
Thursday 1 up 4mile cut down-26:08, 1cd

Book 6 is done. Closing in.

I felt really good yesterday during the cut down run and changed plans mid workout. I did 4 rather than three miles as it felt great. It took 7 laps to feel good but it got better from there. I basically ran faster each of the 16 laps running splits of 6:49, 6:37, 6:25, and 6:17. Amazing how the 6:20's felt better than 6 :40's.

I'm off to the Odyssey 40 tomorrow. Should be fun to go long again with a race number on. This is my first ultra (of the non- 100 mile variety) in 18 months....!

1 comment:

Bryon Powell said...

How did Odyssey turn out? I'm bummed that I didn't finish, but happy I got in a great marathon length workout. Knee is gimpy today. Hopefully I'll be ready to run an easy 5 tonight.