Sunday, January 11, 2009

The first week is history

Sunday 40 miles - 9:14 at Boyer's Furnace FA
Mon & Tues- off
wed- 3 miles walking 8% grade
Thurs- 4 am, 11 pm
Friday 4 am 4 pm
Sat- 8 miles with Anne

Time continues to roll on by with one solid 74 mile week in the books for 2009. My first long run in several weeks went very well for me with no issues or aches. Even my healing left ankle held up fine. However, some others did not fair quite so well. Check out the VHTRC page for the low-down here. This is the event I put on each year for the VHTRC. It started in 2006 when I wanted to run in the mountains with friends while home from my deployment and has grown into an annual event. This year I toned back the formality of it and actually ran the thing myself. Basically all I do is mark the course and set out aid ahead of time and then guide a group of like minded individuals around fort valley. Most are trying to train up for the MMT 100 of some similar event. It has been a lot of fun and the bon fire at the finish really puts a nice cap on a long day.

No comments: