Sunday, August 10, 2008

Trails are Awesome

After 3 resting weeks following Hardrock I was able to get in a good one this week:

61 miles on 6 runs including two(2) four hour runs on trails. Man were they fun! On both Thursday and Saturday I had great company while trotting the trails above the Charolottesville reservoir. We ran the moormans river road loop traveling up to, then 8 miles on the Appalachian trail in Shenandoah NP and back down. Thursday Jeff and I even got to see two bear cups. This is a loop I used to run nearly weekly when I was getting my masters at UVA.

GPS tracks of our runs. Saturday's run with Sophie shows the actual route while Thursdays run the garmin unit lost reception under the heavy canopy and overcast skies. (Here)

Today Anne and I continued to build her long run for this Novembers Richmond marathon by doing a fun 13 miles on the course.

After 12 hours of running in the last 4 days I am feeling incredibly good

No comments: